Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Persistantly Persistant.

It has been one of those days - a couple now actually - in which a certain amount of resolve is necessary. It has been a heavy month for 73ideas, and that has been taking it's toll on me. I remember a couple years ago, early in building the brand that I would have given alot to be in this predicament. Then I was working 16 hour days to try to GET work. 16 hour work days pay. 16 hour working at trying-to-land work days do not. This is all somewhat beside the point, but in this couple week stint of persistance, I am reminded once again of the value of it. Former President Calvin Coolidge once said:

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”

It's true. I can't tell you some of the talent that I have been exposed to along the way. But talent without doing doesn't do anything. It ferments, but never turns into a cabernet.

No comments: