Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Technology is Unbelievable.

I was using Google maps today, and to my amazement they have added yet another feature that takes my breath away. Google earth seems like it would be the most incredible thing, but hold on.

Google has added a feature called "street view" to their maps. It is limited to higher traffic locations, but we just happen to live in one of those kinds of places, so I thought I'd take a look around. It is just unbelievable!

I had just dropped the Porsche off for service this morning, and had looked around for a bit on the lot - so I had that location fresh in my mind. I thought I'd have a look there, but they have not yet made it that far out with their cameras yet. So, I looked up the other premium auto group in town on McDowell Rd, and "wala".

Here is what you do. Start at maps.google.com and enter this address: "6825 E. McDowell Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85257". Now click to "Street View" and have a look around the Maserati/Ferrari dealership. Resist any offers of test drives. Pop it up to full screen, and use the navigation arrows to head east and check out the Audi dealership (complete with picketing laborers out front). Click on the picture and drag to rotate your view. Look east, look north...unbelievable.

And to think, when I was in college we didn't even have the interweb.

1 comment:

Kratz said...

Yeah, I saw that function a couple of days ago - forgot to tell you about it. The only reason I knew about it is because some couple is suing google for some reason (probably b/c google has money).