Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tomorrow, it's 3.

It's been a long time since I blogged.

And for the first time, I'm not going to apologize.
Let me tell you a secret. It's likely to be a long time again.

I am ridiculously busy at the moment. Working at a startup will keep anyone busy, but doing that and having your hands in many, many, many other things... well.

Because I'm not finding enough hours in the day, I've moved the alarm to 5am. Now I'm not saying I honor it completely every morning, but at least I was up well before 6. And that's after a double header last night (yes... a double, a triple and and a home run... it was a fun night!). But, anyway.

Today has been incredibly busy. I started by tearing down a wall in the house. Yes. The newly remodeled house. We are moving things around a bit... it's going to be pretty cool... or prettier cooler? I have scheduled service on two cars, arranged a dog sitter, booked a mini getaway for our anniversary (not an easy task when EVERY resort seems to be booked for the week), started planning a company party for the weekend... and of course done my job. Which at the moment, happens to be designing a web presence for a new NASCAR sponsorship and that is kind of... well let's face it. It's fun that I happen to get paid for.

So what is all this rambling? I'm thankful. I've never thought about it before, but my anniversary is in the Thanksgiving season. And I think that's completely appropriate. I couldn't be more blessed. And SOOO much of that is my wife. She has affected my perspectives, my priorities, my actions... She loves me for me -- and she just makes my life better.

Kids, if you have to wait until 34 to find the one... wait.

I'm so busy this week, that our anniversary has to get a little lost in that busyness. But I look forward to getting away -- if only for a night. And celebrating what God has given me.

I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Tim Hallman said...

Happy Thanksgiving Dwight! And Joyous Wedding Anniversary to you and Tracy!

Tracy said...

This still makes me smile! Loves.