Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A short one.

Well, it won't be much as I'm not sitting up for too long at a time right now, but I thought I'd get something posted.

Tracy is walking. She had her back surgery at Mayo two weeks ago, and a day ago had her first physical therapy appointment. She actually spent most of the day yesterday on her feet -- because she wanted to be at my side when I got my diagnosis.

I have had coming and going fever for two weeks. I had pnumonia when I finally went, but plenty more symptoms. I have had a resting heart rate of 115-120, headaches every day, chest pain and more. It has taken a while to get answers, and I still have a CT scan on Friday, but while we're still awaiting the second set of bloodwork, the Dr's think they know.

I am the minority of the minority that manages to really get annihilated by Cocci, or as they call it here, Valley Fever. They put me on IV at yesterdays appointment and put two bags in me. It didn't make the difference that they hoped, but they couldn't dilute my blood anymore because they had to take more of that for more lab work.

Something, maybe just time, is making a difference - as I am sitting here at the computer - and thinking of making breakfast. I have good days and bad days, but this is shaping up to be one of the best days yet.

1 comment:

Tim Hallman said...

Gosh...you guys know how to suffer together.

Glad you're feeling a bit better and I'll be praying for Traci as well...to get well.

Did she graduate as well, this summer?

And it's Right Reverend...get it right!